Technology Pursuit

Blending Technology Into the Language Arts Classroom

Using Padlet for Announcements

Screen Shot 2015-08-10 at 9.18.05 PM

Our school is investing in Schoology this year, so I’m trying to use the LMS as a launchpad for my blended classroom this year. However, I’ve been considering how to post my daily agendas.  I like to have them projected on our screen when my students come to class each day. I played with the calendar in Schoology, but it’s not as convenient as I’d like. You have to click on each day to see the agendas rather than being able to scroll through them–a benefit for students who have been gone more than one day.

That’s when I discovered I could embed a Padlet into Schoology. By pasting the embed code into the link option, the Padlet embeds right on the page. It’s the first thing students see when they open the course page.

As a bonus, you can also use this as a class bulletin board, where students also post messages. If you don’t like this option, you can go to Padlet and make it “view only.”

I also like that I can update the Padlet right in Schoology without leaving the site.

My first day back with students is Monday–here’s hoping it works fabulously for us!

1 Comment

1. Thanks for the idea! My school has been using schoology for a few years now, I still find myself using my Weebly page because I like to have my agenda to be the first thing students see. This gives me a way to do that in schoology.